While acne breakouts can be most visibly on the face, other parts of the body are also prone to acne pimples, such as the back, chest, neck, and arms. Although there are numerous Creams and gels to spend your money on, some a lot more efficient than others, some of the home-based remedies are just as effective in your strugle to eliminate acne fast.
1. Cleansing - taking a regular shower with warm water is an effective first step to make certain the pores and skin are kept clean, use a mild, non-oil based cleanser. As the skin is in almost constant contact with sweat, soiled clothing (after a hard days work), and pollutants in the environment, this dirt will need to be washed away. Taking this simple preventative measure once or twice a day is so simple, yet so effective in the process of cleansing the bacteria responsible for spots.
2. Want to get rid of acne overnight? Then go jogging today! Working out is good for so many reasons... so if you're not working out regularly already... please, for God's sake start. Working out is great for losing weight, for relieving stress and it even gives you a great feeling afterwards. Try it, you'll see. But when we're talking about getting rid of acne, the stress relieving part in working out is something that you should pay attention to. Because when you stress, you're cells starts producing and releasing stress hormones like cortisol. Which then again prepares you for a "fight-or-flight" situation and this hormone increases your sebum production.
3. Benzoyl Peroxide - a step up from the standard cleansers or lotions, Benzoyl Peroxide is found to give great results to those prone to outbreaks of acne. Available as prescription of non-prescription based products, this is a cream or gel that offers effective treatment to a face after a breakout of spots. Benzoyl peroxide aims to kill the inflammation causing bacteria known as the P. acnes bacterium.
4. Antibiotics - if everyday, over-the-counter type cleaners aren't having the desired effect, it might be necessary to take a look at the availability of antibiotics. Antibiotics aid in reducing inflammation, while also stopping future outbreaks through on going use. Available in topical or pill form, this type of medication also helps to kill the P. acnes bacteria. Tetracycline is one common medication prescribed for acne, and works by limiting the development of proteins in the bacteria. Although effective for most, these antibiotic treatments can cause scaling or dryness to the skin for some users.
5. Acne Creams or Lotions - Try over-the-counter medications that include such active ingredients as benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid, which is found in a lot of the popular acne treatment medications. If finding it difficult to apply a cream to the hard-to-reach areas, which will include the middle of the back, a medication contained in a spray pump might offer easier application.
I am certain that these tips will do as much for you as they have done for me and so many others before me. So please take action and become a more confident person by getting rid of your acne now!