Marry Russian Woman - Is It A Legislation Nightmare?

Apr 05, 2007 • By • 88 Views

Many people are afraid of all the administrative work and visa hassle which will appear in your life soon after your Russian wedding. Chill out because there is an easier way to get rid of your fears!

Years after you will remember the day of your wedding and the fears you had then. The most frequently asked questions are those related to your decision to take a Russian bride. Your friends will probably tell you that local women are using you just to get citizenship and leave Russia. It is not exactly like this.

There are many methods to find your soul mate. Maybe you have seen her for the first time when you were on holiday or maybe you have found her on a dating website. The symptoms of being in love with a Russian woman are always the same. You will need to be with her and enjoy her crystal voice and deep eyes. Local ladies are witty and well education.

No wonder that you have chosen to marry a Russian woman but here the questions start that might ruin your relationship.

First of all you should understand what the so called fiance visa is (also called K-1). This document allows your sweetheart to stay in the United States for a limited time period, during which the marriage should occur. Usually it is 3 months, which is enough for you to know each other and to make the big step.

This paper is a non-immigrant visa and will allow your fiancee to stay in US but as soon as you have legalized your relationship with a marriage, you will be required to prove that you live together and are a fully functional family. In order to have the initial K-1 visa you as inviting party and as future husband are expected to submit a Petition for Alien Fiancee (Form I-129F).

This form is used to petition to bring your fiancee and that person's children to the United States for marriage to you; it is also used to ask for permission or to bring your spouse and that person's children in which case you should apply for K-3 and K-4 visas, respectively. If you have these visas they can enter the United States and complete processing for permanent resident status.

A K-3 Visa is suitable for spouses of U.S. citizens who are waiting abroad for an immigrant visa. A K-4 Visa is for unmarried children under age 21, of K-3 visa applicants.

Do not be afraid that your new family will not be able to integrate fully into the American society. K-3 and K-4 visa holders may accept employment in the U.S. by obtaining an Employment Authorization Document.

It may sound complicated but actually it is very easy and simple. All you have to do is to follow the guidelines for filling in every document. If you are too busy with your work, there are agencies that can help you out with this.

Special attorneys will look after your visa processing and will update you regularly. Of course they cost money but they will save you time dealing with paper work. In addition, most of them have fully functional websites where in real time you will receive the updates and can see the progress.

Enjoy your marriage and let others take care for the formalities!

About the Author

Peter Finch Peter Finch

Don't get scammed. Check out our reviews of all of the top russian dating agencies at Russian Dating Review. Looking for a russian bride or...

Reader Comments